Today was our second run and I still do not really care for it. It is hot and noisy and everything in my body is crying why? why are you doing this to us?
I just think to myself that my body is only mad because I am trying to force it to run with all this extra weight on it. I know it is hard on my poor little body, but it will get over it and with every pound ( or .2 of a pound) that I lose it will be easier to run.
I have to run on a busy street, so I am always imagining the cars driving by and saying "hey look at that fatty" but that is fine because soon enough they will be saying "hey look at that hotty" I am trying really hard not to care about how I look being 50+ pounds over weight out in my too long to be capri pants, but too short to be really pants, and my unflatteringly tight top as I slowly slowly try to "run" ( pretty sure most people walk faster then my running) up the hill. I would say 90% of the time I don't care because:
1 - I know I will never see these people driving by again
2- I am off my but and doing something about my fat A double s
3 - It is only a short time off my life, soon I will just be slightly over weight
But then there is the other 10% of the time when I have to pass people or I am in my neighborhood - I have to live with these people - so yes I will see them again. But at the end of the day I can let my shame and worry about what other people think keep my on the couch eating my super butter popcorn or I can say screw it "I don't want to live like this any more. I want better for my daughter" . I want her to be healthy so I have no right to sit on this couch another night doing nothing to help myself.
So here is to healthy mommies and healthy families : )
you shouldn't have commented on my blog if you didn't want me creeping yours :P but don't worry I won't tell anyone.
ReplyDeleteI think you look Great Sarah and Lillian is only 6months old! it took 9 months for your body to produce her so I think you will be really surprised at what you look like on her first birthday :D
you are doing great. if you really hate running go downstairs, turn on the tv and get 20-30mins on that bike :) just do that or walk and you will feel a lot better. You should be proud.
I used to hate going out in public for runs too, but no one is watching you and making fun - everyone is admiring you and they are envious! believe me I know :D ps: love your blog, write more!