So I suck. I was so pumped up to start eating right and working out, and it only lasted like two weeks. I have not ran in weeks or really watched what I was eating at all. I have lost all motivation. It is just so much easier to sit on my butt and play with my LO then to go running in the cold.
So I am going to stop being so lazy and overindulging and start being healthy. I have to remember that I am not only doing this for myself, but to set a good example for my daughter. I also have to remember that this will only be a short time of complete crappiness for a life long of health.
Alright people back to calorie counting, blogging and exercise.
Why not start with a goal of healthy eating so there's not pressure on the pounds lost? That way if you slip, its not a big deal, just concentrate on making the next meal healthy. I've found it to be a lot easier to be positive and focus on things I CAN eat then what I can't. Let's do this together sister!
ReplyDeletego on fitpal...to be honest I don't LOVE it like I loved virtual trainer (which is gone now) but writing down what you eat is good. ALSO don't get crazy with it. If you go over a day or two in a week that's fine. I think it's better to look at overall weekly calories, than a day by day.
ReplyDeleteSo go to "my fitness pal" right now and sign up. if you think what they recommended as your daily calorie intake is too low up it. I eat 1500 calories per day. I don't ever feel deprived b/c if I want to eat MORE - I exercise. pretty soon you will get in the swing of things you need a schedule.
try this (and tell me to shut up if you don't want my help)
so this weekend eat and do whatever you want! you can eat ice cream, chips whatever your little heart desires. BUT have a plan for monday!
so monday start SLOW> so using your fitpal make a breafst around 300 calories and enjoy it. I usually do cereal, with fruit and 1%milk or toast and pb or one egg on toast /w a banana. Make something you LIKE don't worry about fat content/sugar or whatever just worry about the # of calories
THEN - play /w lillian do whatever your morning routine is and as soon as she goes down for a nap HEAD right downstairs. turn on the tv, or play your favourite music and run on the spot for 2 mins take a break and go on your bike for 5 take a small break (like a minute or two have some water) run on the spot for another 2 mins or longer if you can - DON'T run longer than 5!
go eat a protein rich snack - greek yogurt, cottage cheese, chocolate milk. shake!
then relax and know that you workout out today!!!! YAY
eat a 300 calorie lunch and a 300 calorie dinner - try to eat around 300 calories of snacks through out the day. LOG your exercise in the fit pal and whatever calories you've earn you can either a) decide to put those towards the pounds you'd like to lose or b) treat yourself to a yummy snack!
On tuesday I want you to try and do the SAME routine. continue for the whole week.
take Sat and Sunday off!
then following monday eat the same but ADD to your workout. Try running for a bit longer before and after your bike routine and go up to 10mins on the bike. Switch it up, try doing as many crunches as you can each morning or night and add one each day!
Let me know if you need help and I will gladly be there for you! You can do this Sarah!!!!!
PS: the secret to making a change is not taking on too much at once. Change SLOWLY and it will stick. I promise!
ReplyDelete