Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Happy Halloween



























My dear husband and I were so excited for our first Halloween that we went out and bought a TON of awesome candy.







After talking to the neighbors we discovered that we should only expect between 10-20 kids ????



 We were shocked by this as we live VERY close to a school and expected lots of Kids.
We have 585 pieces of candy in our home right now ( well minus one here and there, I had to make sure it was safe for the kiddies) 585! That is a lot of candy. I decided that since we have sooo much candy and so few trick or treaters we should give out treat bags. I ended up making 20 regular bags and 5 peanut free ones.



We only got 23 trick or treaters so that mean we now have 2 bags left : ) plus an enormous amount of candy left over from the bags.  I think we have now ensured our spot on the Street as the best treat giver.
I am also very proud of the decorations that we through together at the last minute. I love how cute our house looks. I just didn't really have any time or much interest in decorating this year. I am just happy to get the dishes done and keep the baby feed.


I am still struggling with how to keep the house clean and still give my daughter the attention she deserves. I don't know how all the working moms do it. My main priority is and always will be my DD  (Darling Daughter) but I would really love to figure out how to keep my house clean. I know my husband hates all the mess, but he is for the most part pretty understanding about it.
I was really hoping to start working out this week, but DD has been getting up in the night and crying for a couple hours, on top of her regular 3-4 feedings. I am just so tired that as soon as I put her done for a nap and snuggle in for one too. I am happy to report that I did pack up all the candy and had my DH ( Darling Husband) hide it. I will admit I have lightly looked for it, but still no signs.
 Tomorrow is supposed to be nice so here is hoping for a walk.
PS I would love some advice on how to balance being a wife, a mother, a housekeeper, and not getting lost in the shuffle.
PPS How to you reply to comments????

1 comment:

  1. balancing everything is hard work. To be honest I used to use the time logan was awake to clean. B/c I ENCOURAGED alone time for him...it's good for him to play alone too. So when Lillian's in her jumper vacuum. Colin (mine) always used to tell me to just take little parts of the house each day instead of the whole house once a week. I don't know....it's hard I work out during Logan's nap. and clean while he's awake

    ReplyDelete